Mahalo nui loa to our 2023 donors,
partners and volunteers!
Your generous support helped us achieve the following milestones in 2023:
- Engaging over 18,000 volunteers in the hard work of restoring abundance to the region by recruiting 20 military groups, hosting 26 large community work days and 52 Weed Warrior Wednesdays
- Implementing 61 days of free educational activities for local students to grow the next generation of leaders and resource stewards
- Celebrating the first signs of returning abundance in growing populations of native plants, fish and birds, 12 acres of invasive mangrove clearing, and improved water quality in Honouliuli Stream as it flows into Pu`uloa (Pearl Harbor)
- Continuing the challenging recovery of three historic Hawaiian fishponds
- Expanding two community-driven garden projects in both Waipahu and Pearl City with the cooperation of local leaders and the City and County of Honolulu
- Increasing green job and internship opportunities serving 12 local high school and college students, and expanding our amazing HOH staff with 9 new hires!
Hereʻs to a joyous 2024 and continued expansion in community-driven change!